Love with the Perfect Scoundrel - Sophia Nash Eh, 2.5 stars should do it.

THANKS FOR SENDING THIS, KARLA! :P

Twice-jilted stick-in-the-mud (thrice, if you count her dearly departed husband) Grace, Countess of Sheffield, flees for the countryside because she just has to get away. As with all HR heroines who just have to get away, Grace runs into an obstacle en route to Privacy Paradise and ends up stranded with a stranger. Blacksmith with a mysterious past Michael Ranier happens upon an injured, delirious Grace in a snowstorm and kindly takes her in to tend to her wounds. Within pages, nipples are tightening and arousals are hard to disguise.

Because this is how true love works, guys.

The always prim-and-proper Grace throws caution to the wind and gets some smithey-lovin', but her past returns to haul her back to London in the form of ... the two dudes who jilted her in the previous books? IDK why any of these people are friends. The one, Luc, is totes territorial, too. Michael lets Grace go because he isn't worthy or whatever. But in reality, he totally IS worthy because he's hot and nice and also A LONG-LOST EARL! God forbid an Avon character ever marry below their class.

Can Michael and Grace combine their different worlds and convince her ex-fiances to stop worrying about what she does with her vagina?

What follows is textbook, pandering, anti-climactic Avon soup.

Grace is boring. She does one ballsy thing near the end, but because I found her dull, it didn't resonate.

Michael's actually pretty cool when he isn't being STUPID. He knows he's an earl. People in London see him and know he's the earl. If anyone can get away with unjustly being accused of murder, it's fucking you, Lord Wallace.

Luc the Duke is overly domineering, frighteningly concerned with the love life of the woman he DIDN'T CHOOSE in another book, and also the most interesting character in the story because he's so batshit. I would read his book, but it would probably make me hate him. So keep being an asshole, Luc the Duke. Represent!

Commas - Nash has a weird relationship with them. What did the commas do to modern authors? At this point, it seems that the writing industry has declared all-out war on the misused little guys.

The love scenes aren't bad. Nash does a fine job of building the emotional connection between Michael and Grace. I also enjoyed their banter, mainly Michael's, because I already mentioned that Grace is as dry as toast. BONUS GOOD THING: No sex in a carriage!

Overall, not bad. Just not particularly great.

"Love with the Perfect Scoundrel" is a part of my Care-Package-Ageddon series of book reviews in gratitude to my GR friend Karla for sending me a GIANT BOX O'BOOKS. She said I "might" like some of them. o_O