When It's Perfect - Adele Ashworth 2.5 stars

I didn't enjoy this book. Ashworth's writing is pleasing, if you ignore the complete lack of plot movement. The hero and heroine are two of the most boring people I've seen put to paper. I skimmed through chunks of pages every time the heroine started one of her vapid inner monologues. Sure, this was supposed to be a mystery about the hero's younger sister's untimely death, but that took a backseat to the main couple's exceedingly dull romance. Blah. I'll give Ashworth credit for attempting to introduce a tiny bit of plot at the very end of the book, but she failed at making me care because of her characters' determination to do a convincing impression of the color beige ('cause they're BORING). Shit, I'm growing sleepy just writing this half-assed review.

GIFSoup

It would almost be better if this book had inspired my hatred. Then I could write a scathing 1-star review. Alas, I simply don't care enough to write a standard review. I will forget about When It's Perfect altogether by lunchtime. Blah.